Thursday, May 18, 2017

STEAM Day

Today our school took a day to mix up the classes and come up with a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) project to take place in our room.

I decided my students were going to make a playground. I started out creating a base. Of course it had to be painted gold!





Next, I gathered supplies.






My students who came in were mixed grades.

I gave them a box of supplies for their tables and told them to start creating!








They also drew a picture of themselves to add to the playground.

In the end, I spray painted the whole thing gold as well to unify it.



It hangs outside my door and it's getting quite a lot of attention. The kids love to find the part they created and find their person in the playground.


So much fun learning took place today!

No comments:

Post a Comment