Friday, October 13, 2017

Primary Kandinsky's

Primary Kandinsky artworks

I'm beginning to teach Kindergarteners about primary colors. I created a pre and post "test" to see if they've learned what I've set out to teach them.



Before beginning to teach, I asked each student to go to their seat and fill out what they thought the Primary Colors were.

After that, I read a book, showed them a short video clip and taught them how to do rotating paint. We used only the primary colors and they were allowed to paint their background however they wanted.



Kindergarteners finished their Primary Kandinsky paintings today. They began by gluing on a frame and writing their name.

They used cardboard squares to print designs into their art.



The worksheets were given back and they were given another chance to color in what the primary colors are. We got an almost 100% correct response after doing this artwork.


These artworks are really abstract beauties!!






No comments:

Post a Comment